This may sound like a strange thing to hear from a dentist but it’s really true – here at PS Dental Care in Soho, we don’t want you to have expensive dental work. We don’t want you to spend your hard-earned cash on root canal therapy or tooth restorations.
We want you to come and see us but for prevention rather than cure. We would much rather you visit us for six-monthly check-ups with our dentist in Soho and hygienist appointments than come in every few years for implants or dentures.
If the worst has happened and either through decay or accident you do lose teeth or need to have extensive work done, we will help of course. But by following a few simple steps, we hope that it won’t be necessary.
How to stay orally healthy
- Visit the dentist in Soho: an obvious but important step. Every six months is good for most people, some groups such as smokers, diabetics and pregnant women may need to come in more often;
- Brush and floss twice a day: this one comes with a note of caution – over-brushing can remove enamel and make your teeth more susceptible to bacteria, so just going for it hell for leather with your toothbrush won’t do the job. Only dental equipment can remove all plaque. A firm but gentle brush for two minutes is sufficient;
- Brush your gums as well as your teeth: this helps to avoid gum disease from developing;
- Keep acidic foods to a minimum: soft drinks, sweets or any other foods high in sugar are going to affect your teeth. Talk to our hygienist about diet and how to eat well for your teeth;
- Visit the hygienist: as well as giving you tips on nutrition, our hygienist can remove plaque and bacteria, meaning you are less likely to develop gum disease or tooth decay. This can also help to reduce or resolve bad breath.
Call in and find out more
Drop into our surgery today and talk to our dentist in Soho about how we can help you maintain a beautiful smile for life.